The answer is YES!
Hiring decisions are one of the most important decisions your organization will make and creating effective and efficient structured interviews significantly improves your ability to identifying competent, motivated, and skilled employees!
Here are some simple guidelines when developing structured interviews:
1. Base interview questions on a job analysis (to make sure they are job related!).
2. Ask effective questions (ask candidates to provide specific examples of job behaviors and/or job qualities you are looking for).
3. Ask each candidate the same questions (this will ensure fairness and impartiality across candidates).
4. Use detailed rating scales (this will aid in quantifying subjective data and lead to more accurate hiring decisions).
5. Train your interviewers (a structured interview can only be as good as its interviewers).
Want to learn more about how to develop a sound and effective structured interview? We are glad to help. Contact us using our Contact Form.