You can make work more meaningful and effective. Most people are familiar with psychology–the study of human behavior. Some people realize psychology is a science (e.g. uses the scientific method to study behavior). Few people realize there are many flavors or fields of psychology (e.g social, clinical, experimental, developmental, etc.) and even fewer people know what our particular flavor of psychological science, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, can do for them and their business.
Industrial-Organizational (I-O) Psychology uses the scientific method to study human behavior and improve human performance at work in organizations or businesses.
I-O Psychology = Discoveries about effective work behaviors used to make work better.
“Better” means safer, more profitable, more productive, more engaging, etc. than it was before implementing and supporting the most psychologically effective work behaviors in an organization.
There are many great examples of what I-O psychology can do for you and your organization, but here are just a few of the most interesting examples we have seen:
- Help space agencies (like NASA) identify the most suitable astronaut applicants for long duration spaceflight missions (see our latest publication).
- Help organizations design and implement leadership and team training that improves performance and reduces errors.
- Help executives and managers realize their full leadership potential and fulfillment.
- Help businesses engage and retain high performers and achieve innovations that differentiate their work.
- Help organizations do a lot more for more people with less time and money.
Most of all, we work to make all work more meaningful and effective. We do so by applying psychology-based science to coaching, training, organizational development, human resources, process improvement programs, project management, safety, communication plans, surveys, marketing, business development and so many other aspects of work for individuals, teams, and organizations.