RRI (Recommendation, Rationale, Impact)
- Recommendations: saying what you want done.
- Rationale: explaining your logic behind your recommendation, or saying why you want something done.
- Impact: projecting into the future and saying what you are ultimately trying to accomplish or avoid by doing something now.
By using RRI (Recommendation, Rationale, Impact) in all conversations (e.g. meetings, e-mails, phone calls, chats, etc) you can:
- increase the efficiency of your information exchanges
- reduce the frustration with others for not telling you enough
- decrease the likelihood of errors due to misunderstandings and missing information
- strengthen memories
Manage More: An Example
Extreme Environment/Critical Operations example: